Revised Ticket Distribution Begins Today

This year, students will get bracelets at Kenan Stadium and the start number will be chosen Friday in the Pit.

This season's first bracelet distribution for men's basketball will be held at Gate 5 of Kenan Stadium from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. today, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m Thursday.

This week's distribution is for games against Hampton University, Davidson College and Indiana University, said CAA President Reid Chaney.

Students must present their UNC ONE Cards to receive a bracelet, and they can only receive one bracelet each.

The CAA will hold a drawing at noon Friday in the Pit, where arbitrarily selected students will randomly draw a number that will be the starting point for ticket distribution.

The number will be posted on the CAA Web site, on the CAA sports ticker in the Pit and on the ticket window at the Smith Center ticket office, Chaney said.

The ticket line check starts at 6 a.m. Saturday at the Smith Center. Students will be divided into groups of 100, and the student with the number drawn Friday will be the first to receive tickets. Student are eligible to receive two tickets by presenting their own ONE Card and another student's ONE Card.

Chaney said CAA officials expect to give out more bracelets this year because enrollment is higher. "We will probably give out anywhere from six to seven thousand," Chaney said. "Maybe more, maybe less -- we'll see after the first time."

This year's system differs from last year's by incorporating ONE Cards, Chaney said. He said scanning ONE Cards prevents cheating because it limits students to one bracelet.

"I think a lot of students wanted to scan ONE Cards to eliminate cheating," Chaney said. "It goes into the system, and the card is denied the second time."

Chaney also said because the number will be announced Friday, the actual ticket distribution on Saturday will go faster.

Distribution of tickets for riser seats also has been changed to give more students an opportunity to watch from that section, Chaney said.

Students early in the distribution have the choice of receiving three lower-level seats or two lower-level seats and a riser. No separate number will be drawn for the riser distribution.

CAA officials do not anticipate any problems with the new distribution policy, Chaney said. "This distribution is of course different. We hope to have all the kinks worked out, and with this being the first one, we can improve on it."

Chaney said tickets still are available for the Blue-White scrimmage game and the two exhibition games. Students can get two tickets to these games by presenting their ONE Card and an additional card to the ticket office beside the Smith Center.