Senior Challenges Leader To Come Forward and Set the Record Straight

As I have been reading the letters to the editor over the last week and have been overhearing rumors about the dismantling leadership of my senior class, I have become very disappointed and embarrassed.

I received an e-mail Tuesday evening from Ursula Dimmling, now the former senior class vice president, announcing her resignation to the senior class listserv. This e-mail and two recent letters to the editor have all presented various senior officers and/or friends of officers taking personal stabs at one another for all the campus to see. I am being bombarded with these statements while at the same time I have not been given any information that allows me to understand the reasoning behind such immature behavior.

I challenge an unbiased, informed person to please step forward and inform the rest of the student body as to what these attacks against one another are really about. And to the officers and leaders of the student body who are still fulfilling their elected roles, remember why you have the position that you have. Your fellow seniors chose you to represent their interests in the decisions to be made concerning the events that will affect and impact our last year at UNC. In a time where the idea of democracy is being challenged on a broader scale, can't we at least try to ensure that such a system is not corrupted here?

Lauren Morley
Senior
Psychology