Senior Class President Offers Apology, Looks Forward to Fresh Start

I would first like to apologize for what appears to be a charade of mass chaos among the senior class officers. True, we have recently been faced with many serious challenges and obstacles.

However, I would like to assure you as my constituents that the resignation of Vice President Dimmling will not hinder any of the goals that we have set for our class. It is not necessary to rehash what led to Dimmling's resignation (thus perpetuating a battle of mudslinging).

Our adviser, the marshals and myself have not forgotten that we must fill the offices of vice president and chief marshal.

Luckily, many of our extremely talented marshals have already expressed interest in stepping up.

I am confident in saying that these positions will be filled by the best leaders of our class.With that said, the marshals and I are excited about the vast spectrum of opportunity that lies before us, and we anxiously anticipate a fresh start.

Now we can move forward and begin successfully fulfilling the promises I made to you last semester namely representing you as students. A window of opportunity has opened and good things are just around the corner. For instance, the First Annual Poplar Ball will be held next Thursday, Nov. 8.

The Unsung Founders Memorial, our senior gift, is in the beginning stages of fruition.

After this year's fall Senior Week we will continue to serve you by offering more activities to bring our class together in an unforgettable way.

The marshals and I welcome any comments or questions that you might have.

Thank you for your time.

Ben Singer
President

Class of 2002