Student Body President's 'Park-in' Classic Case Of Too Little, Too Late

Kudos to Student Body President Justin Young and the action he took Wednesday to highlight the recent student parking controversy.

It's just too bad said action was half-assed, more pointless pageantry than honest outrage.

First, Young has been egregiously tardy in responding to an issue that was raised weeks ago, save for a half-hearted e-mail most students received over Thanksgiving Break.

Parking his red Nissan in front of Lenoir Dining Hall and trotting about the Pit with a megaphone in hand, flanked by three cronies holding freshly-inked signs, is a nice case of too little, too late.

Let it be noted that our brash and bold student leader did not even drive the car himself.

Nay, an unknown partner in crime did the dirty work as Young snuck into the scene after the car had been parked.

Second, while this demonstration on its face seems to validate and advance Young's tireless parking campaign, the "park-in" did nothing to change a damn thing. If Young had really wanted make a statement, he should have gotten 20 of his Suite C pals together and turned the Pit into a parking lot.

But as it stands, Young might as well hop into his red Nissan, drive his ass home and shut the hell up.

And it shouldn't be a problem - he's been doing it all year.

Ashley Stephenson
Senior
Journalism and Mass Communication