The Lowdown on Saturday's Game

Game:

Time: Noon

Location: Smith Center

Radio: 100.7 FM, WCHL-1360 AM

Television: ESPN

Keys for UNC: Forget about Maryland. After the 112-79 loss, North Carolina must put that game behind them if it has any hope of playing with confidence. The Tar Heels are still turning the ball over at an alarming rate and must take better care if they are to have any hope against the Cavaliers.

Keys for Virginia: The Cavs are coming off two losses and are looking to right the ship. They don't have Maryland's press ability, but they're athletic and fast enough to cause all sorts of stress on UNC's young offense. Virginia coach Pete Gillen loves to run and gun, and turning the game into a track meet is the Cavaliers' best bet to snap their ACC losing streak.

UNC Bench: When Brian Morrison plays well, the Tar Heels play better. A streaky player, Morrison took only two shots and turned the ball over four times in nine minutes of play against Maryland. He's one of the few guys fast enough to keep up with Virginia, so UNC needs him to be at the top of his game.

Virginia Bench: Keith Jenifer came off the bench Tuesday to score nine points in 20 minutes. Virginia needs Jenifer and Elton Brown to have strong games.

Prediction: Virginia 87, UNC 72

Compiled by Rachel Carter