Campus Calendar

Today

noon -- The Center for European Studies presents Graham Allen, Labor member of Parliament from the United Kingdom, who will be speaking in Gary Marks' political science class in 104 Howell Hall until 1 p.m.

5:30 p.m. -- How does culture affect the parenting of black youth? Find out when Howard Stevenson of the University of Pennsylvania presents a lecture titled, "Stickin' To, Watchin' Over & Gettin' With: The multiple meanings of black cultural style in parenting youth," in the Tate-Turner-Kuralt Auditorium of the School of Social Work. The lecture is co-sponsored by the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Center, the Jordan Institute for Families, the National Center for Early Development & Learning and the School of Social Work.

8 p.m. -- UNC Young Democrats are proud to announce a visit from one of the Democratic candidates for the 2002 senatorial election.

Cynthia Brown will share her thoughts on campaign finance, health insurance and her vision for North Carolina in 103 Bingham Hall.

Points of Interest

The Center for European Studies will host a conference on "Poverty, Hunger, and the Effects of Globalization in Contemporary Europe," with a lecture from Romance Languages Professor Martine Antle. The lecture is scheduled to be held in the UCIS Seminar Room at 223 E. Franklin Street.