The Lowdown on Sunday's Basketball Game

Game:

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Location: Entertainment and Sports Arena

Radio: 100.7 FM, WCHL-1360 AM

Television: Fox Sports Net

Keys for UNC: Build on the recent strong efforts of Jawad Williams, Melvin Scott and Adam Boone. After Kris Lang's Jan. 23 performance against N.C. State, Herb Sendek's going to be concentrating on keeping UNC's center from getting good shots off. In games when the Tar Heels' offense has been effective, they've spread scoring out, and they'll need to be more than a one-trick pony to be successful against the 'Pack.

Keys for N.C. State: Put Georgia Tech behind them. The Yellow Jackets surprised the Wolfpack after N.C. State held an eight-point lead at the half. The 'Pack is going for its 20th win of the season and should easily beat the Tar Heels the same way it did in January -- with a lethal combination of Anthony Grundy and Archie Miller.

UNC Bench: Jackie Manuel scored seven points and pulled down six boards starting Wednesday for Williams, who was listed as doubtful before the game with a bum ankle. Brian Bersticker, Brian Morrison and Orlando Melendez didn't make a basket in 25 minutes of play.

N.C. State Bench: Ilian Evtimov, brother of Vasco, didn't shoot well the first go round, making just 3 of 15. But he made up for it in other ways, including six boards.

Prediction: N.C. State 89, UNC 72

Compiled By Rachel Carter