The Lowdown on Tonight's Game

Game:

Time: 8 p.m.

Location: University Hall

Radio: 100.7 FM, WCHL-1360 AM

Television: Raycom-Jefferson Pilot

Keys for UNC: Whoa -- slow down. If North Carolina wants a shot at stealing its second road win, it'll have to keep the pace down. The lower the score, the better the Tar Heels' chances, or at least the fewer they'll get beaten by, which is apparently the new standard. To do this, UNC will have to play tough defense and be selective, itself, on the offensive end.

Keys for Virginia: Virginia, which scores 81.3 points per game, needs to build momentum after breaking its four-game losing streak with a win against Clemson 85-71 on Sunday. The Cavaliers have to take advantage of another ACC bottom-feeder to get back into the conference race. A pivotal game at Wake Forest looms this weekend.

UNC Bench: Matt Doherty continues to rotate nine players in and out, still searching for that elusive lineup that clicks. However, Jackie Manuel's foot injury somewhat limits the bench.

Virginia Bench: The Cavaliers sorely miss Adam Hall's 9.0 points and 4.8 rebounds per game. Since he partially tore foot tissue, Virginia has essentially been reduced to an eight-man team. But the Cavs are athletic enough to manage with a short reserve.

Prediction: Virginia 79, UNC 67

Compiled By Mike Ogle