Graduate, Professional Student Honor Society Sponsors Food Drive

Alpha Epsilon Lambda -- the graduate and professional student honor society is sponsoring a charity drive for food donations on the UNC campus. A distribution box will be set up by April 1 in the Bull's Head Bookshop near the entrance to The Daily Grind. The box will be used for the collection of nonperishable food for the needy in Chapel Hill and Carrboro. Breaking with the traditional Christmas Charity Drive, AEL plans to maintain this distribution box for canned food donations throughout the school year, when food pantries are most in need of donations. AEL wishes to provide an outreach for UNC students, both undergraduate and graduate, to be supportive of the Chapel Hill and Carrboro communities. Please donate your extra cans of food or clothing in good condition. There are many needy people in our community who need our help.

Alpha Epsilon Lambda is the UNC chapter of the National Academic Honor Society for Graduate and Professional Students. The mission of AEL is to recognize those who have truly distinguished themselves in the areas of leadership, scholarship and intellectual development, contributions to the academic department and University and ethical behavior. Membership is open to all currently enrolled graduate or professional students at UNC-Chapel Hill who are in the upper one-third of their class based on the departmental assessments for AEL membership. The society is able to induct up to four or five students annually, with the membership selection occurring during the spring semester. For more information on AEL, please see www.gradschools.org and the UNC Graduate School Web page. AEL is supporting the community we live in, and we need the help of all students to make this food and clothing drive a success. Please give generously, and make the community aware that UNC students are there to help.

David Carr

AEL President

Leila Ghassemian

AEL Vice President