Ideal Love in the Ides of March

I have a slight problem. You see, my boyfriend writes a column for the Daily Tar Heel at UNC. He's had this column for almost two years now, and yet, somehow he has avoided mentioning my name in it even ONCE. Not only have I not been mentioned, but several lewd comments towards my gender have been printed in his column, much to my chagrin. So, I would appreciate it if you could tell him to mention me in this week's column... some worship would be appropriate as well. ~ S.K.F.

Well put, I might add. For those of you who want to know (and for those of you who don't, but are too lazy to stop reading... poor fools), S.K.F. stands for Samantha Kelly Fields, a beautiful young lady with long blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes who happens to be my girlfriend. That's right, my girlfriend. Did you think Travis Raines was the only one in a relationship? At least we aren't dealing with that whole messy vasectomy situation...

But moving along, I think some recognition of Samantha is due here, since she is absolutely right. I haven't mentioned her in my column, at least not directly. This has been more because of a personal sense of privacy (it's really none of your business, anyway) than shame or secrecy. Samantha will be attending ECU next year as an aspiring interior designer (and yeah, she's serious). She is a beautiful ballet dancer (trust me, I've danced with her, I should know). She is incredibly smart and would definitely put my GPA to shame if she attended UNC. And I am very proud of her.

We speak of life-changing events in our lives. Well, one of mine was meeting Sam. She pretty much turned my life around for the better. I may not agree with everything she suggests for me, but I've found that she's pretty accurate in the long run (the switch from all-black clothing turned out to be a surprising success). But mainly, we've put together a life together that will hopefully carry over into the long-term.

I just wanted her to know (that's right, I'm sure you've figured out by now that this column isn't for you) that I love her and support her. And that even though it goes against my nature, I don't mind letting people know about it.

Adam Shupe reaffirms that yes he has a girlfriend, no he doesn't have a vasectomy. Just wanted to get that straight. Email your own declarations of love to him at shupe@email.unc.edu.