Wesley Foundation Holds Discussion On Sept. 11 Response

It has been over six months since the World Trade Center bombing on Sept. 11. But that day is far from over. The United States is seeking retaliation right now in Afghanistan and against terrorism all over the world. But what does God think about all this?

Last month, the Wesley Foundation, UNC's United Methodist campus ministry, called on the entire campus to help us discuss the relationship between violence and peace. Now, we want to hear what you think about America's response to Sept. 11. No matter your faith, background, politics or opinion, we'd like to invite you to a discussion titled "Retaliation, Justice, or Forgiveness: Does God Support America's Response?" Even the Bible doesn't give us easy answers on this subject. We hope to talk about what the Bible says and about the differences between revenge and retaliation and between restoration and reconciliation.

The discussion will be held Monday, March 25 at 8 p.m. in the first floor lounge of Carmichael Dorm. Come out. Perhaps by bringing our different opinions to the same table, we can find a way to better understand America's response and a way to better understand each other. But at the very least you'll meet some new people and get to enjoy some yummy cookies!

Liz Frye
The Wesley Foundation