Campus Calendar

11 a.m. -- Project Literacy, a committee of the Campus Y, will be sponsoring a book drive in conjunction with Human Rights Week. We will be accepting donations in the Pit today and Friday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

noon -- The UNC Safe Zone presents "Linking Together for Change: Ally Speak Out" in Polk Place -- a celebration to show support for the LGBT community at UNC. Speakers include Professor Chuck Stone, Professor Pamela Conover and Marcus Harvey.

6 p.m. -- The Chapel Hill Campaign to End the Cycle of Violence is sponsoring "Another World is Possible," a fund-raising banquet for global peace and justice, until 9 p.m. at the Carrboro New Century Center on 100 N. Greensboro St. Enjoy entertainment and international cuisine from Afghanistan, India, the Middle East and beyond. Tickets are $25 or $15 for students and are available in advance at Internationalist Books, the Regulator Bookshop and Open Eye Cafe.

7 p.m. -- Campaign to End the Death Penalty is hosting a panel discussion in 101 Greenlaw Hall on religion and the death penalty featuring representatives from Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths.

8 p.m. -- Queer Network for Change is holding a Celebration week safe sex/fun sex workshop: "T&A Q&A" in 224 Union.

8 p.m. -- Company Carolina and the Department of Communications Studies present "Killer Diller," which will be performed at Swain Hall. Tickets are free. Adapted by Paul Ferguson from the best-selling novel by Clyde Edgerton, this musical production presents an off-beat romance between a rascal and a big woman.

9 p.m. -- Bring your sheets and blankets to Olde Campus Upper Quad (between Davis Library and the Arboretum) for a free outdoor movie on Thursdays in April. There will be free cotton candy, Coca-Cola products and Coke merchandise, and today "Billy Madison" will show. Rain date will be the next day at 9 p.m. This event is brought to you by OCUQ Residence Hall Association, senior class, Carolina Union Activities Board, the Department of Housing and Residential Education, Carolina After Dark, Delta Upsilon, OCUQ resident assistant staff, Coca-Cola and production services.

Item of Interest

UNC'S Hip Hop Nation hosts 3Some Thursdays at Club NV. The student group calls all to partake in a night of dance and rhyme at the newest and nicest spot in the Hill.

The SoFresh U.Ball. All area universities should attend this Hip Hop Ball, come casual dressed, ballin' as you do, and enjoy a $3 cover until 3 a.m. Ladies are free before 11 p.m. DJ pEz spinnin' hip-hop delights and FunkJunkie on The House and Breaks. Crowns to the freshest! Come out! Come out, wherever you are!