Campus Calendar

Today

11 a.m. -- The Orange County Chapter of the Red Cross and Sigma Chi fraternity will be hosting a visit by the bloodmobile today at the Student Union until 4 p.m. Please call George Leamon for an appointment at 968-9136. Each pint helps up to three lives.

3:30 p.m. -- The Association of Graduate English Students would like to invite you to the next installment of its Creative Speakers Series. Fiction writer Elizabeth Spencer will be speaking in Donovan Lounge of Greenlaw Hall. Spencer is the author of 14 books, including most recently "The Southern Woman: New and Selected Fiction." The reading is free and open to the public.

5 p.m. -- The Rare Book Collection in Wilson Library will host "Walker Percy: From Pen to Print," a free exhibit on the UNC alumnus and major American novelist, from today until Aug. 15. A reception and collection viewing will open the display on the third floor of Wilson Library. At 6 p.m., UNC alumnus and Wake Forest University English Professor Dr. Farrell O'Gorman will speak on "Reading Walker Percy" in the Pleasants Family Assembly Room.

6 p.m. -- The Wesley Foundation will host dinner and a discussion on war and peace. The foundation is located at 214 Pittsboro St., across from the Carolina Inn parking lot.

7 p.m. -- Join the Association of English Majors for dinner and a movie. Eat Pepper's pizza and watch Marlon Brando in "Julius Caesar" in 222 Greenlaw Hall. Everyone welcome.