Local School's Annual May Faire Celebration Needs Several Volunteers

Money's tight at the end of the semester. Are you looking for a free lunch? Well, look no further. Emerson Waldorf School is looking for volunteers for its annual May Faire celebration. Anyone who volunteers to help out will get free lunch and a fun day to remember always.

There are three days that you can volunteer your time. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 27, people are needed who will help the school's staff get the grounds ready for the May Faire celebration.

From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, May 10, people are needed who will help decorate for the event. If you are creative and have an eye for art, then this could be the opportunity for you. From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, May 11, people are needed who will help coordinate activities at the May Faire celebration itself. These volunteers will work in two-hour shifts at booths and/or with children's activities.

The May Faire celebration take place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on May 11. The May Faire celebration takes place on the school's New Jericho Road campus. The event reflects international cultures through entertainment, an artisans' market, foods, music and more. It costs just $3 for adult admission and $1 for children.

Money made from the celebration goes toward tuition scholarships at the school, as well as to a charitable organization supported by the school. For more information about volunteer opportunities or about the May Faire celebration itself, call Suzanne Smith at 967-1858 or e-mail her at shoetree054@aol.com.

Jimmy Autrey

Senior

Journalism and Mass Communication