Volunteer Fair Planned For Wednesday, Share Your Time and Interest

From the earliest days of our nation's history, the sprit of volunteer service has been reflected in neighbors helping neighbors. The freedom and individual rights at the core of our society come from a shared responsibility for the health and well-being of our communities and for each other.

For millions of Americans, volunteering is a key to healthy, fulfilling and meaningful lives. Volunteering is giving. By giving, we also reap an unexpected abundance of rewards. Volunteering renews our connection to our community and builds self-worth and social responsibility.

Through volunteering, we learn compassion, tolerance and a sense of duty to help those in need -- not to mention learning new skills in the process. Volunteering might not always be easy, but it is always necessary. Simply put, volunteers provide compassion, a helping hand and a human face. Please make a difference in your community. Volunteer. Attend the Volunteer Fair from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on April 10 in Polk Place to find an opportunity that is right for you. To learn more, contact Volunteer Orange at 929-9837 or http://volunteerorange.citysearch.com. If you are heading home for the summer, call 1-800-VOLUNTEER -- a service sponsored by the Points of Light Foundation and Volunteer Center National Network -- to find an opportunity right in your hometown.

Ronda Barnes
Senior
Management and Society