Columnist Off the Mark in Relationships, Emphasizes Role of Control Too Much

There are two statements that, as a difficult girl, I really want to address from Tompkins' June 13 article ("Playing the Game of Who Can Care Less"):

1) "Caring the least means controlling the most."

2) "As soon as I figure out the exterior difference, I'll let you know" (in reference to "How can I determine if a girl is in a state of playing the care-least game or if she is simply oblivious").

As for the first comment, I'd like to know who taught you this sort of asinine theory. If it was your family, I really feel sorry for the sort of upbringing that you had. If it was your friends who bestowed such theories. I refer back to your own article in which you cited a number of research occasions at Top of the Hill. Clearly, they were drunk to have come up with that, and, clearly, you were drunk to have agreed.

A good relationship is not about controlling at all.

I promise that any quality girl looking for a quality guy will tell you that she could "care least" for a guy with game like yours.

The best relationships are about equality, respect and honesty. No one wants their head messed with. That only leads to ridiculous articles on "gaming-theories" like the one you presented us with.

In conclusion, I will address the second statement with this: Please don't let us know when you figure out the exterior difference. If your examination is anything like the one presented on June 13, I suggest that you sober up a bit before you make another "feeble attempt" to wax poetic about the difficulties of Carolina girls.

As for your book, I would like to suggest that you pick up a copy of one of my own to be written in the near future by several roommates.

It's called "Step That Thing Up: A Guy's Guide To Dating at UNC-Chapel Hill."

Tiffany Fischer

Senior

English