OneMBA to Offer Global Education

OneMBA, a new, rigorous 21-month executive MBA program offered by the business school, will begin with a global conference in Washington, D.C., that runs from Sept. 22 until Sept. 28. Nearly 100 senior executives from five top-ranked business schools in Asia, Europe, North and South America will attend the conference.

At the first conference, executives from all four continents will assemble to learn about global business, including ethics, leadership and teamwork.

The program is designed to give executives with at least seven years of managerial experience an understanding of how global business operates outside of their regional spheres.

Doug Guthe, director of OneMBA for UNC, said the appeal of the program is the diversity of viewpoints. "It's a tremendous opportunity for students to get a real understanding of global business from five different perspectives," he said.

The entire group is a mixture of nationalities, work experience and cultures, he said. The students average 11 years of work experience with careers ranging from banking to waste management.

In addition to UNC, the other OneMBA universities are the Chinese University of Hong Kong, China; Funda