CAA Plans Wide Array of Events During This Week To Celebrate Homecoming

The Carolina Athletic Association is pleased to announce Homecoming, "There's No Place Like Carolina," which will be held this week. Our Homecoming Committee has worked diligently since the spring to plan exciting and spirit-boosting week for UNC students.

Events will include a kickoff lunch held in Polk Place on Monday, a party at Player's on Tuesday, a Battle of the Bands held in the Great Hall on Wednesday, a Halloween Bash held in the Pit on Thursday and a parade through Franklin Street and campus on Friday at 4 p.m.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to host a concert during Homecoming this year because of many obstacles we have faced over the past six months. Like all student organizations, CAA has a limited budget. Concerts can range in price from $5,000-$500,000 depending on the act. We tried to work with various venues including Memorial Hall, Great Hall, Carmichael Auditorium and the Smith Center to bring a concert, but the availability of both the acts and the venues did not coincide. With our limited experience as booking agents, the CAA and I decided we did not want to risk the reputation of this University and the students for a concert, which according to our advisers, was most likely to fail. We hope to see you all at the game on Saturday. Go Heels!

Kris Willett
CAA President