Campus Calendar

Today

12:20 p.m. -- To celebrate U.N. Day, please join the United Nations Organization for a discussion on the situation in Iraq. The guest lecturer is political science Professor Jurg Steiner. The discussion will be held until 1:20 p.m in the Student Union. For more information, contact Saba at skhan@email.unc.edu or Karine at dube@email.unc.edu.

4 p.m. -- "Art in the Dark": Watch the art light up as the sun goes down. The Creative Outlets Committee of the Carolina Union Activities Board is sponsoring an outdoor twilight exhibit of UNC student artwork until 9 p.m. in the Pit. Come enjoy refreshments, music and great student artwork.

6:30 p.m. -- "Apu, Who Are You?" Sangam presents a forum in Union 224 on South Asian stereotypes and what it means to be a minority.

10 p.m. -- The Minority Affairs Committee of student government is hosting a mixer, social and party at Billiards 'n Thangs, located at 136 E. Rosemary St. Suite 103, above NV. The cost of admission is $3.

Saturday, Oct. 26

7 p.m. -- The Transforming Love Community, a Unity Church in Chapel Hill, plans to host "Casino Night" at the American Legion Post on Legion Road. Transforming Love Community is a spiritual center that teaches the practice of living life from the inside out. All that is required is an admission ticket (or $20 at the door).

Ten dollars of the admission price will be returned to each guest in the form of gaming tokens or "chips," which can be used to play games or bid on auction items.