Divestment Movement Only Part of Palestinian Plan to Discredit Israel

The current anti-Semitic Israeli divestment movement did not begin with Francis Boyle but rather in Europe, as part of a larger Palestinian movement to de-legitimize Israel and turn it into some sort of "pariah" state.

This Palestinian movement is of course inherently anti-Semitic and is built around hatred, as the countless pictures of Palestinian babies and children dressed up as homicide bombers can attest to.

Indeed, there was Arab terrorism before 1967, and there were anti-Jewish riots and killings as far back as 1921 and 1929 in what is now Israel.

Divestment proponents have come out in harsh criticism of Israel's human rights record, citing all sorts of crimes as their reasons for divestment.

Yet Israel, while clearly not perfect, is internationally recognized even by such left-leaning groups as Amnesty International as having one of the world's best human rights records.

Another one of the movement's stated goals is for Israel to withdraw to pre-1967 borders, as if Israel's presence in the so-called "occupied territories" is some sort of evil Zionist plot.

But the war in 1967 was forced on Israel by the Arabs, not the other way around. In 1979 Israel returned the entire Sinai Peninsula to Egypt in return for peace and signed a peace treaty with Jordan in 1994.

At Camp David in 2000, Israel offered the Palestinians 98 percent of what they were asking for, and the terrorist Arafat walked away and ordered the beginning of the current Intifada, during which Israel has suffered more than 14,500 terrorist attacks.

There will never be a Palestinian state as a reward for terrorism, period.

In 2000 Israel also withdrew from the Golan Heights in Lebanon expecting peace, yet attacks by the terrorist group Hezbollah continue. Terrorist groups continue to operate openly and receive support and funding from Arab governments, including so-called "moderates" like Saudi Arabia.

So, I ask you, who is the obstacle to peace in the Middle East?

Divestment proponents are quick to point out that there are Jews among their supporters, ostensibly making their campaign not anti-Semitic. But not everyone in the divestment camp is anti-Semitic -- they are just ignorant and misguided.

And the same leftists being American does not stop them from hating America, does it?

Lest we forget, the attempt to single out and demonize Jews, and to cripple Jews economically, was already tried before -- remember a man named Adolf in Germany?

While the rhetoric might have changed, the effects and the sentiments remain the same.

Felix Lurye
Senior
Business

The length rule was waived.