Dole, Republicans Need To Prepare Aggressive Campaigns for Election

Michael McKnight's Oct. 22 column regarding the second debate between Dole and Bowles "hit the nail on the head." McKnight shows his support for Dole's more "aggressive" approach and encourages it to continue.

I agree but propose that all Republicans use this tactic.

As a registered Republican, I believe that it is not only Dole's responsibility but also the citizens' to promote her as the new senator. It is our duty to point out Bowles' background and contradictions, and I applaud McKnight's doing so in his column.

Seeing as though we already have one Democratic senator, John Edwards, it is our job to ensure that Elizabeth Dole is elected to represent us Republicans. One vote can make a big difference in the Senate, and we must make certain that the person who casts that vote is on our side.

The end of the campaign might be drawing near, but there are still opportunities to support Dole -- one of the most important being voting.

I agree with McKnight that "actions speak much louder than words," and I believe you must "take action" by going to the polls on Nov. 5, and dragging along your conservative friends.

We must show our support throughout the rest of this campaign because the last presidential election proved that every vote counts.

Kristie Vann
Freshman
Biology