Hussein's VX Nerve Gas, Anthrax Pose Immediate Risk to Citizens, Justifies U.S. Military Intervention

Terrorism -- has it ever been a more potent fear? The capabilities of Iraq are extreme, and something must be done to prevent mass murder.

After Sept. 11, 2001, national security was shattered. America has finally begun to think about prevention. The only way to prevent future attacks is to find and destroy all large-scale warfare weapons. Iraq must be searched, no matter what.

The United States is not a teacher asking students, "Who wants war?" then waiting for a hand-raised count.

In order to prevent future attacks on our nation, we must to search Iraq for deadly weapons -- this is prevention.

So why does Iraq have 3.9 tons of VX nerve gas?

This chemical is so deadly that one drop to the skin can cause spasms so severe that you could snap your own spine.

One teaspoon released into the atmosphere can kill every living organism within an eight-block radius.

Iraq hoards more than 1.6 million teaspoons of VX. This is only one of the many weapons that they hold.

Is this not threatening enough for the United States to say that we need to go in and find Saddam Hussein?

So, Hussein refuses to let the United Nations search Iraq for these weapons.

Without military enforcement, Iraq will not allow a search in their country.

The United States is a strong nation and by initiating military action, our strength will prevail and prove that we can defeat terrorism.

Anthrax, according to CNN.com, a single gram of anthrax -- roughly 1/30 oz. -- contains 1 trillion spores, or enough for 100 million fatal doses if it's properly dispersed.

Produced in Iraq before the Gulf War, the United Nations was never able to account for it all.

So, what does Iraq plan on doing with it all?

Is that enough reason to fight Iraq?

I believe so.

Rachel Chan
Business
Freshman