No. 11 Volleyball Falls to Unranked FSU

The loss was the Tar Heels' second of the season and snapped a 13-match winning streak for UNC (21-2, 8-1). Senior outside hitter Laura Greene led the Tar Heels with 21 kills, 16 digs and three aces.

Florida State (16-7, 7-3) remains undefeated in Tully Gymnasium this season.

UNC is next in action this Friday and Saturday, hosting No. 24 Georgia Tech and Clemson on back-to-back nights.

Men's Tennis Players Fall in Tourney

North Carolina's Trystan Meniane and Nicholas Monroe both played in the semifinal round of the singles draw, while the pair of Monroe and sophomore Daniel Pinchbeck played in the doubles finals of the Omni Hotels/ITA Mideast Region Championships. The tournament was played at the Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center.

Monroe and Pinchbeck lost to Zoltan Csanadi and Izak van der Merwe of Old Dominion 8-5 in the finals of the doubles draw, and Meniane fell to Georgia Tech's Roger Anderson 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 in the singles final.

Meniane, however, earned an invitation to the ITA National Indoors, November 8-10, in Dallas, with his semifinal win.

Women's Golf Finishes Fourth

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The North Carolina women's golf team finished the Lady Paladin Invitational in fourth place behind winner and host school, Furman. The Tar Heels' final round score of 295 put them at a total of 890 for the tournament and 10 shots back of first place.

UNC junior Ashley Prange, who had the first-round lead, finished tied for third place as she shot a two-under-par 70 on Sunday and an even-par 216 for the tournament.

UNC's junior Meaghan Francella and senior Abby Spector tied for 14th place, freshman Josie Shinn tied for 31st place and senior Meghan Adams finished tied for 57th.

Field Hockey Slips Past Maryland

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Sophomore Kelsey Keeran led the way with two goals as the UNC field hockey team defeated No. 3 Maryland 3-2 Saturday. The Tar Heels are now 9-8 on the season, 3-1 in ACC play.

Keeran's first goal came in the 22nd minute off the rebound of a save by Maryland goalkeeper Kerry Hearsey. The Terrapins tied the score just before halftime when freshman Jackie Ciconte scored on a deflection, assisted by senior Kateri Simon.

Women's Tennis Advances at Tourney

WINSTON-SALEM -- Seniors Kendrick Bunn and Kate Pinchbeck upset the No. 2 seed to advance to the semifinals of the doubles competition in the Omni Hotel/ITA Indoor Regional Championships, and all three Tar Heels that remained in the singles competition advanced after the second day of competition.

They will compete in the quarterfinals on Monday.