UNC Anxious for Win at Virginia

Game and time:

Site: Scott Stadium.

TV/Radio: Jefferson-Pilot Sports will televise the game. The Tar Heel Sports Network will provide live radio coverage; its flagship station is WCHL 1360-AM.

Records: North Carolina is 2-4, 0-2 in the ACC. Virginia is 5-2, 3-1.

Series: UNC leads 55-47-4.

Personnel update: North Carolina -- DT Eric Davis (knee) out for the season. Virginia -- none reported.

The key matchup: UNC's secondary showed what it's capable of in the first half against N.C. State and will face a similar challenge against Virginia. Quarterback Matt Schaub is second in the ACC in pass efficiency and has completed almost 70 percent of his passes. If the Tar Heel cornerbacks slip up, like they tend to do, Schaub and receiver Billy McMullen will be quick to take advantage.

"They spread you out, throw the ball all over the place -- (Schaub) can do that exceptionally well," said UNC coach John Bunting.

Final analysis/prediction: Momentum is on Virginia's side. The Cavaliers have won five games in a row, and North Carolina hasn't managed a win in Scott Stadium since 1981.

But the Tar Heels are 2-0 on the road and are anxious to put away a conference opponent. UNC tight end Bobby Blizzard said he would almost rather play games on the road at this point.

Both UNC and UVa. have shown signs of strength, but neither team can hide some glaring weaknesses either. Look for the Cavaliers to keep the Tar Heels from winning in Scott Stadium for the 22nd year in a row.

Virginia 24, UNC 21.

-- Compiled by Kelly Lusk