Police Roundup

2 Suspects Sought in Halloween Stabbing

Chapel Hill police released Wednesday descriptions of two suspects implicated in two stabbings on Franklin Street on Halloween.

Around 12:30 a.m., a man approached an officer saying he had been in a fight and had been stabbed. The man was hospitalized with a puncture wound to the chest. A few minutes later, a woman approached the officer, saying she had been stabbed in the arm and the chest.

A police investigation brought to light two possible suspects about whom they are seeking information.

The first suspect is described as a white man with a full beard and curly, shoulder-length brown hair. He is between 5-foot-9 and 6 feet tall, heavyset and was wearing a dark trench coat. Investigator Will Quick said the suspect's first name is believed to be Tyler. The first suspect is believed to have stabbed both victims, Quick said.

The second suspect is either a witness to the event or may have been involved. He is described as being a man who wore a costume with orange or pink cones on his head and both arms.

Driver Hits Pedestrian Crossing South Road

According to police reports, police responded to Coker Hall to reports of a victim hit by a car. The victim said she was crossing South Road at 7:50 a.m. Tuesday within the crosswalk when she was struck by a green Ford Explorer turning onto eastbound South Road from Bell Tower Drive PVA. The victim was knocked to the ground, reports state.

The driver pulled over and came to the victim's assistance, giving her his name and phone number, reports state.

Upon arriving at her office, the victim began to feel soreness and called the police. The information given to the victim by the driver produced erroneous information as to driver and vehicle data. The driver is described as a man in his early 20s with short dark hair.

City

Wednesday, Nov. 6

-