DTH Applications Due at Noon Today

Applications to work at The Daily Tar Heel this semester are due at noon today. Completed forms can be turned in to the DTH front office, located in Suite 104 of the Student Union.

Editors will consider applications over the weekend and post staff lists in the front office window by Tuesday morning.

Any accepted applicants will be expected to attend a mandatory orientation session Jan. 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The location will be posted along with the staff lists.

If you are unable to turn in your application today but would like to apply, please notify DTH Editor Kim Minugh at kminugh@email.unc.edu or 962-0372.

The DTH will be hiring new staff members for all of its desks -- University, City, State & National, Features, Arts & Entertainment, Sports, Copy, Graphics, Photo, Design and Online.

Any questions about the application form or the application process can be directed to Minugh.

"We're really looking forward to welcoming new students onto our staff," Minugh said. "Working at the DTH is a great opportunity to meet new people, improve your skills and boost your journalism career. We're always glad to have new people join us in our mission to inform the public and teach responsible journalism."