City briefs

2 men steal cash, gold chain in armed robbery Sunday

About 10:20 p.m. Sunday, a man was the victim of an armed robbery at Abbey Court apartment complex in Carrboro.

Two men took $140 and a 10-carat gold rope chain at gunpoint from Steven Brown of apartment building M.

Initial reports stated that one perpetrator had no facial hair and dark skin and was wearing jeans and a gray T-shirt. The other perpetrator had light skin, stood 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighed about 170 pounds and was wearing jeans and a white T-shirt.

Brown, who has lived in the complex off Jones Ferry Road since May, said he did not know the perpetrators. Lt. Taylor of the Carrboro Police Department reported that the two men escaped in a green pick-up truck.

The police did not arrive at the scene before the perpetrators escaped and were surveying the scene for leads.

Bar manager charged with driving while intoxicated

A local bar manager was arrested on Rosemary Street on Saturday morning and charged with driving while intoxicated and driving on the wrong side of the road, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Robert McGarraugh Davis, 22, a manager at Pantana Bob's, was arrested at 1:27 a.m. on the two misdemeanors, charged and released on a written promise to appear in District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill on Nov. 16, reports state.

Man resists arrest, charged with underage possession

A 20-year-old was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with underage possession of a malt beverage and resisting arrest in an incident at 135 E. Rosemary St., Chapel Hill police reports state.

Kevin Joshua Squires of Moncure was stopped as a suspect in a report of bottle throwing, reports state.

According to reports, a reporting person said that Squires and his friends were throwing bottles at patrons standing on the patio at Goldie's Grille, located at 137 E. Franklin St.

When asked to stop, Squires dropped his beer can and ran, police reports state.

Squires was arrested at 12:49 a.m., charged and released on a written promise to appear in District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill on Nov. 24, reports state.