CITY BRIEFS

Man robbed and stabbed on West Rosemary Street

A man was robbed and stabbed at 1 a.m. Wednesday on the 300 block of West Rosemary Street, according to a press release from Chapel Hill police spokeswoman Jane Cousins.

Two men in a small brown two-door vehicle approached a 39-year-old man about 1 a.m., the release states.

The passenger of the vehicle - described as a Hispanic male in his 20s, with long dark hair and no shirt - got out and demanded money from the victim, the release states.

A struggle ensued, and the victim was stabbed several times in the chest and back, the release states. The perpetrator then grabbed the victim's wallet and left.

This is the second incidence of violent crime in downtown Chapel Hill in the last few weeks. On Oct. 9, a man was shot in the leg on the 100 block of Rosemary Street.

Anyone with information about these crimes should call the Chapel Hill Police Department at 968-2760 or Crimestoppers at 942-7515.

Man charged with assault with deadly weapon Friday

A 24-year-old man was arrested at 2:30 a.m. Friday and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting injury, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Shaun Thomas Dillon, of 1881 Cane Creek Road in Fletcher, threatened to use a knife on three victims after starting a fight at 200 W. Rosemary St.

Dillon was charged with the misdemeanor and sent to Orange County Jail on a $100 unsecured bond, the report states.

He will appear Nov. 15 in Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

Local man charged with multiple drug violations

A Chapel Hill man was arrested Friday night and charged with maintaining a drug dwelling and possession of crack cocaine - both felonies - and possession of drug paraphernalia - a misdemeanor - Chapel Hill police reports state.

Donta Dementrice Tuck, 40, of 321 Lindsay St., was arrested at 11:15 p.m. when the Narcotics and Vice Unit executed a search warrant of his residence and found 1.5 grams of crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia, reports state.

Tuck is currently in the Orange County Jail on a secured $15,500 bond. He will appear Oct. 18 in Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

Armed robber hits gas

station on N.C. 54 on Friday

An armed robbery occurred Friday night at the Big John's Citgo station at 2321 N.C. 54, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, a masked gunman entered the store about 10:35 p.m. and used a handgun to steal an undisclosed amount of money.

Police were not available to comment further on the incident.