City briefs

4 local men charged with drug-related violations

Police arrested four men about 4 p.m. Wednesday at 108 N. Graham St. on drug-related charges, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Arthur Chance Partlow, 21, of 403 N. Hyde Park Ave. in Durham, was arrested for one count of felony possession with intent to sell and distribute. Police found Partlow with 10 grams of crack cocaine, reports state.

Kenneth Antwaine Perry, 20, of Chapel Hill; Jonathan James Hopkins, 20, of Carrboro; and Travis Lashaun Spinks, 23, of Pittsboro also were arrested and each charged with one felony count of attempt and conspiracy to sell and distribute, reports state.

Chapel Hill police spokeswoman Jane Cousins said police were working surveillance in the Northside neighborhood to crack down on drug use and distribution when they arrested the four men.

Each of the men received a $5,000 secured bond and appeared Monday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

UNC Hospitals employee charged with drunk driving

A UNC Hospitals employee was arrested at 1:30 a.m. Monday at the Barbee Chapel Road and Short Street intersection, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Krista Marie Peiker, 25, of 100 Stanley St. was charged with one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired and one misdemeanor count of speeding, reports state.

Peiker was stopped after being clocked at 55 mph in a 35 mph zone and was given an Intoxilyzer 5000 test, reports state. The test showed that she had a blood alcohol content of .09.

Peiker was released on a written promise to appear Jan. 4 in Chapel Hill Administrative Traffic Court.

Local man arrested after beating wife in parking lot

Carrboro police arrested a local man at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at 306 Estes Drive and charged him with one misdemeanor count of assault on a female, police reports state.

According to reports, Kung Aung Kham, 36, of 130 S. Estes Drive, was beating his wife, a UNC housekeeping employee, in the parking lot near the B building at Estes Park Apartments.

When police arrived, the victim pointed out Kham as the assailant, reports state.

Kham was taken into custody and transported to Orange County Jail, where he was released at 11:30 p.m. Friday.

Kham was scheduled to appear Monday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

From staff and wire reports.