Police log for Jan. 25

- Chapel Hill police arrested a local man at 2 a.m. Monday and charged him with one felony count of strangulation and two misdemeanor counts of assault on a female, police reports state.

According to reports, Michael Wayne Ramsey, 37, was arrested at his home on Friar Lane after he came home drunk and began punching his wife and oldest daughter.

Ramsey is being held without bond and is scheduled to appear today in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- A Chapel Hill convenience store was the victim of a strong armed robbery at 10:30 p.m. Sunday, police reports state.

According to reports, the suspect stole an undisclosed amount of money from the Etna gas station at 1509 E. Franklin St.

- The Chapel Hill High School student arrested at 6:30 p.m. Friday and charged with one count of felony kidnapping, one count of misdemeanor assault and battery, and one misdemeanor count of larceny has been linked with a sexual assault complaint that took place at the school before Christmas, said police spokeswoman Jane Cousins.

Cousins said Mario La-Chad Burgess, 17, held the victim in the bathroom against her will as she tried to fight him off.

- Chapel Hill police responded to several breaking and entering and larceny complaints this weekend, all involving UNC students, police reports state.

Police responded to a breaking and entering with no force and attempted larceny and assault at 6 p.m. Friday at the Kappa Alpha fraternity house at 110 W. Cameron Ave., reports state.

The victim found the subject attempting to steal cases of meat.

A senior was the victim of larceny at 4 a.m. Saturday at his home on South Merritt Mill Road when a suspect stole a Miller Lite keg valued at $99.

A junior was the victim of breaking and entering and larceny from his vehicle on Henderson Street at 10:20 p.m. Saturday when a bottle of cologne valued at $30 was taken.

A sophomore was the victim of larceny at 12:15 a.m. Saturday on Isley Street after a subject took her purse, which had a digital camera worth $200, from off her car trunk.