Police log for Jan. 27

- Chapel Hill police arrested a Pittsboro man at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed weapon, reports state.

According to reports, Charlie “Roto Rooter” Williams, 41, was arrested on West Cameron Avenue after he was found carrying a knife.

Police spokeswoman Jane Cousins said police found Williams with the knife after an elderly woman contacted police at about 2 a.m. about a man knocking on her door.

Williams is scheduled to appear March 7 in Orange County District Court in Hillsborough.

- Carrboro police arrested a Hillsborough man at 2:40 a.m. Wednesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence and one misdemeanor count of failure to report an accident, police reports state.

According to reports, William Scott McCall, 29, was traveling on Hillsborough Road toward N.C. 86 when he lost control of his vehicle and ran onto the sidewalk.

He traveled across N.C. 86 and struck a state road sign before coming to rest in a hay field.

Reports state that Williams was discovered by an Orange County sheriff’s deputy, who then contacted Carrboro police about Williams possibly being intoxicated.

Williams was arrested and taken to Chapel Hill police headquarters for an blood-alcohol test, reports state.

Williams refused to take the Intoxilyzer test, reports state.

He was released on a written promise to appear March 8 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- Chapel Hill police arrested a Durham man at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana, one misdemeanor count of driving with a provisional license and one misdemeanor count of speeding, police reports state.

According to reports, David Uribe Alvarez, 19, was stopped driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone on Raleigh Road near the Friday Center.

Police smelled a slight odor of alcohol on his breath and gave him a field sobriety test that he performed poorly on.

Alvarez submitted to an Intoxilyzer test and recorded a .05.

Police also found a small aluminum package in plain view that contained 4 grams of marijuana, reports state.

Alvarez was cited and released into his mother’s custody.

He is scheduled to appear March 8 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.