Police log for 1/20/2005

- Carrboro police responded to a breaking and entering, larceny and damage to property complaint at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday at the PTA Thrift Store on Jones Ferry Road, police reports state.

After arriving, police found a window on the west side of the building broken out, reports state.

Police also found a black trash bag containing items taken from the store, including one car stereo, one cordless phone, two electronic keyboards and two stuffed animals.

Police recovered several partial palm and finger prints from an exterior window sill and turned them in for examination, reports state.

- A UNC student was the victim of breaking and entering and larceny from a vehicle Tuesday on Gimghoul Road, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, more than $3,000 in stereo equipment was stolen from the vehicle.

- A Carrboro woman was the victim of shoplifting after 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at Weaver Street Market in Carrboro, police reports state.

After the woman turned away from her cart while shopping, an unknown suspect took her purse, reports state.

While searching the area around Carr Mill Mall, police found the purse outside of Panzanella Restaurant, but the wallet was missing.

- Carrboro police responded to a complaint of an intoxicated subject at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in Carrboro Plaza, police reports state.

Upon arrival, police found Alvin Daniel Wilson, 53, “extremely intoxicated” on the sidewalk, reports state.

According to reports, Wilson stated that he had consumed four bottles of Listerine and could not walk.

Wilson was transported to UNC Hospitals.

- Chapel Hill police arrested an elderly woman Tuesday and charged her with one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police reports state.

According to reports, Etta Doris Wilson, 67, was arrested at her home at 500 Church St.

The charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor is given when the juvenile has been abused or neglected, reports state.

Wilson is scheduled to appear Feb. 7 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.