Police log for Feb. 17

- Carrboro police arrested a Lillington man at 2 a.m. Wednesday and charged him with one felony count of possession with intent to sell and distribute and one misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed weapon, police reports state.

According to reports, Brian Lavan Trombley, 22, had been seen by police walking with what appeared to be a weapon in his pocket. After driving off in his vehicle, police stopped him at 500 Jones Ferry Road for having his back right light out.

Reports state that police arrested Trombley after a frisk revealed four plastic bags holding 7.5 grams of cocaine in his mouth.

Police also found a pistol in a paper bag during a search of the vehicle, according to reports.

Trombley was issued a secured $10,000 bond and was scheduled to appear Wednesday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- The Eckerd drug store at 602 Jones Ferry Road was the victim of larceny after 1 p.m. Tuesday, Carrboro police reports state.

According to reports, a store employee heard the front door alarm and saw a heavy-set black man wearing jeans and a yellow jersey running from the store with his pockets full. The store reported 17 missing bottles of cologne worth more than $700.

Police did not catch the suspect.

Reports state that the suspect fit a description of James Lafayette Watkins, 33, who was arrested at 2:15 p.m. Monday by Chapel Hill police and charged with one misdemeanor count of larceny and three misdemeanor counts of possession of stolen goods.

Watkins was released on a written promise to appear April 11 in Orange County District Criminal Court.

- Carrboro police arrested a local man after 4 p.m. Tuesday and charged him one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police reports state.

According to reports, Jenaro Esparza Martinez, 22, was arrested for the listed charge and released on a written promise to appear March 21 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.