Police log for Feb. 22

- Chapel Hill police arrested an East Chapel Hill High School student at 6:45 p.m. Sunday and charged him with one felony count of speeding to elude arrest, one misdemeanor count of driving with a suspended license and one misdemeanor count of not having liability insurance, police reports state.

According to reports, Andre Imani Beller, 19, was arrested on N.C. 54 near Bethel Hickory Grove Church Road for speeding to elude arrest after failing to stop for officers from three separate agencies.

Reports state that Beller also was charged with other traffic offenses, including reckless driving, speeding, failing to stop for lights, aggressive driving and driving left of center — all misdemeanors.

No drugs or alcohol were involved in the incident, reports state.

Beller was issued a $2,500 secured bond and is scheduled to appear March 15 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- Chapel Hill police arrested a UNC freshman at 8:15 a.m. Sunday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired and one misdemeanor count of using a provisional license, police reports state.

According to reports, Jonathan Choi, 19, was in a one-car accident on New Parkside Drive near New Stateside Drive when his car ran off the road and struck two trees.

Reports state that police smelled a strong odor of alcohol on Choi and that he admitted to drinking.

Choi was transported to UNC Hospitals, where he was later released, and results on Choi’s blood alcohol content are pending analysis, reports state.

Choi is scheduled to appear June 7 in Administrative Traffic Court in Chapel Hill.

- Chapel Hill police arrested a Durham high school student at 10:45 a.m. Friday and charged him with one felony count of breaking and entering, one felony count of larceny and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest, police reports state.

According to reports, Carmelo Perez-Toledo, 16, turned himself in to Chapel Hill police with his father for the listed charges.

Perez-Toledo was released on a written promise was set to appear Monday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- Chapel Hill police arrested a UNC employee at 11 p.m. Friday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired, police reports state.

According to reports, John Michael Brady, 56, was stopped for speeding and arrested on the driving while impaired charge on Fordham Boulevard near Columbia Street.

Reports state that Brady was transported to police headquarters, where his blood alcohol content was measured at .09 percent on an Intoxilyzer 5000 test.

He was released on a written promise to appear April 26 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- The Crown Fast Fare gas station at 1400 W. Main St. in Carrboro was the victim of larceny at 6 p.m. Friday, Carrboro police reports state.

Reports state that a subject driving a light-colored Ford van left without paying for $28 worth of gas.

- Carrboro police arrested a homeless man at 1:15 a.m. Monday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of second-degree trespassing, police reports state.

John Arthur Holman, 56, was arrested at the Harris Teeter at 310 N. Greensboro St, reports state.

He was issued a written promise to appear April 11 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.