Police Log for Feb. 25

- A forcible rape that occurred at 11 p.m. Oct. 25 was reported Wednesday afternoon, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to a blind report to police, a woman in her mid 20s missed a Triangle Transit Authority bus at a stop on East Franklin Street and accepted a ride from a stranger.

The man drove her to an alley, where he strangled, raped and sexually assaulted her, the report states.

He then drove from that site and let her out of the car on U.S. 15-501 past the Interstate 40 bridge, the report states.

The man was described as olive-skinned and muscular with a scar on the left chest, brown eyes, thick eyebrows, long hair in the front and short in the back and was wearing cowboy boots, the report states.

His car is described as a 1989 or 1990 “box-style” Toyota Tercel with a manual transmission and the radio removed. It was described as rusty and red, the report states.

A blind report is anonymous information given to police by someone who might not want to prosecute or go to court. Filing a blind report is not uncommon in sexual assault cases, said police spokeswoman Jane Cousins.

Anyone with information should contact the Chapel Hill Police Department at 968-2760.

- A waiter at Ming Garden Chinese Restaurant, at 1826 Airport Road, was arrested at 3 p.m. Wednesday at his residence at 501 Jones Ferry Road CC-8 and charged with armed robbery, attempted armed robbery and attempted first-degree burglary — all felonies — Carrboro police reports state.

According to reports, Joseph Bernard Hunter II, 19, also known as JB, was arrested on warrants issued from two separate incidents on Jan. 24.

In the first incident at about 6:50 p.m., a suspect attempted to rob a 34-year-old man through closed sliding-glass doors at the Carolina Apartments, at 401 N.C. 54 Bypass, reports state.

According to reports, when the suspect displayed a handgun and demanded that the victim open the doors to his patio, the victim ran down the hall and called police.

In the second incident at about 6:55 p.m., a suspect robbed a 30-year-old of $100 outside of a building at the University Lake Apartments, at 200 Barnes Street, reports state.

According to reports, the suspect put a gun to the victim’s head and demanded the money.

Hunter was taken to Orange County Jail to be held on a $1,000 secured bond. He will appear at the first opportunity in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- A break-in occurred at midnight Wednesday at 705 N. Columbia St. when an unknown suspect entered a UNC student’s vehicle through an unlocked door, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, more than $3,000 in property was stolen, including a computer, a wallet, a backpack and cash.