Police Log for Feb. 28

• A Chapel Hill man was arrested at 7:30 p.m. Friday and charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor assault on a female at his residence at 800 Pritchard Ave. Ext. C17, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Reports state that Richard Wayne Chavis, 35, was arrested after officers responded to a call to the residence.

He was taken to Orange County Jail and was not given a bond. He will appear today in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

• A UNC Student and a Pitt Community College student both were arrested at 1 a.m. Sunday and charged in relation to an event at 201 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill police reports state.

William Samuel Cox Jr., 19, of Pitt Community College was charged with simple assault, damage to property, being drunk and disruptive and resisting arrest -- all misdemeanors -- reports state.

Cox threw a beer bottle through the front door at East End Oyster & Martini Bar, shattering the window above a police officer, reports state.

He was taken to Orange County Jail on a $1,000 secured bond. He will appear at the first opportunity today in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

James Jeremiah Buck, 21, a UNC senior sociology major, was charged with being drunk and disruptive and resisting arrest in the same incident, reports state.

He was taken to Orange County Jail to be held on a $500 secured bond. He will appear today in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

• A UNC junior sociology major was arrested at 3:30 a.m. Saturday on Roberson Street and was charged with driving while intoxicated, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Marilyn Brooks Carlson, 20, of 409 N. Columbia St., was involved in a vehicle collision while she was driving a 2001 Jeep SUV.

Her blood alcohol content was measured at 0.15 percent by the Intoxilyzer 5000, reports state.

She was released on a written promise to appear April 5 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill.