Police Log

- Carrboro police arrested an 18-year-old student at East Chapel Hill High School at 2:15 p.m. Wednesday and charged him with one count each of common law robbery, conspiracy and obtaining property under false pretenses — all felonies — as well as misdemeanor assault, Carrboro police reports state.

According to reports, Jarmal Antonio Hamn, of 209 N. Graham St., was arrested in connection with a Jan. 14 incident at the Ridgewood Apartments at 404 Jones Ferry Road in Carrboro.

In the incident, a Chanello’s Pizza delivery man was robbed in front of Apt. C-15 when delivering a pizza at about 1:30 a.m., reports state.

He was confronted by two suspects wearing black hooded sweatshirts, who claimed to have a knife and robbed him of his pocket money and two pizzas, reports state.

Carrboro police are still following leads on the second suspect.

Hamn was taken to Orange County Jail to be held on a $5,000 secured bond. He will appear in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- An automobile was reported stolen at Crown Honda-Volvo at 1730 N. Fordham Blvd. at 1:50 p.m. Wednesday, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, the car was towed to the dealership in November and had been disabled since then. When the owner decided to donate the car to charity, the car could not be found on the lot.

The car, a red 1996 Volvo, was valued at $4,000, reports state.

- A Carrboro man was arrested at 2 p.m. Wednesday and charged with possession of schedule I drugs and possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, both felonies, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Charles Edgar Debose, 40, of 8862 Lake Hogan Farms Road, was arrested at a residence at 605 Airport Road after he was observed in the possession of the drugs.

He was served with an outstanding possession warrant, reports state.

Debose was taken to Orange County Jail to be held on a $4,500 secured bond. He was set to appear at the first opportunity Thursday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- A Chapel Hill man was arrested at 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Chapel Hill police station, at 828 Airport Road, for assault on a government official and carrying a concealed weapon, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Jerry Lee Farrington, 59, also known as Musclehead, was charged in connection with a Feb. 9 incident.

He was taken to Orange County Jail to be held on a $2,000 secured bond. He will appear Feb. 21 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- A vehicle break-in was reported at 108 Misty Woods Circle at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Chapel Hill police reports.

According to reports, an unknown suspect grabbed the driver’s side door near the top and bent it open.

Nothing was reported stolen from the red 2005 Dodge SRT-4, but $200 in damage was reported.

- A UNC senior was cited at 1:30 a.m. Thursday for public urination, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Brian McSweeney Cassella, 22, of 515 S. Merritt Mill Road C, was observed relieving himself in the parking lot at 202 Henderson St.

Cassella is a staff member of The Daily Tar Heel.