• Carrboro police arrested a Hillsborough man at 9:35 p.m. Monday and charged him with one felony count of possession with intent to sell and distribute marijuana and one misdemeanor count of maintaining a dwelling to store the substance, police reports state.

According to reports, Derrick “Little Bump” Ragland, 21, an Eckerd Drug Store employee, was stopped on Old Fayetteville Road for speeding, not wearing his seat belt and having a tinted window that was too dark.

Reports state that Ragland was nervous at the time that he was stopped and told the police officer that there were no drugs in the car but that he had an SKS assault rifle in the trunk.

Reports state that police dog Axle then searched the vehicle and found a bag containing 40 grams of marijuana under the backseat.

Ragland was issued a written promise to appear Tuesday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

• A Harris Teeter employee was the victim of breaking and entering and larceny after midnight Wednesday, Carrboro police reports state.

Reports state that a subject entered the victim’s home on Estes Drive and stole a $200 XBox; $50 XBox game; $200 Playstation 2; $50 Final Fantasy 5 game; $300 in nickels, dimes and quarters; and a $450 white-gold engagement ring.

• Carrboro police arrested a homeless Durham man at 11 a.m. Monday and charged him with one felony count of breaking and entering, one felony count of larceny and one misdemeanor count of damage to real property, police reports state.

According to reports, Michael Earl Whitehurst, 27, was issued a $2,500 secured bond for the charges and is scheduled to appear in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

Whitehurst also was arrested Jan. 26 and charged with three counts of misdemeanor possession of stolen goods and one count of resisting arrest.

At that time, a search by police officers revealed several items reported stolen from the UNC campus, which included three credit cards, two wallets and a cell phone.

• Chapel Hill police arrested a local man at 11:45 p.m. Tuesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of public urination, police reports state.

According to reports, Gregory Fulton Gaston, 46, was caught behind a town parking deck at 150 E. Rosemary St. in an alley close to a dumpster when police arrested him for the public urination charge.

Reports state that at the time of the arrest, there were several people in the area.

Gaston is scheduled to appear May 15 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

• Chapel Hill police arrested a local woman at 7 p.m. Tuesday and charged her with one misdemeanor count of second-degree trespassing, police reports state.

According to reports, Lisa Renee Baldwin, 32, was arrested after police responded to her grandmother’s residence on Creel Street and found her in a trespassing log for the location issued in 1996.