Police log for March 10

-- Carrboro police arrested a local man after 2 p.m. Tuesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of assault on a female, police reports state.

According to reports, Christopher Keith Lunford, 41, was arrested at the intersection of Main and Simpson streets for the listed charge.

Lunford was issued a $100 secured bond and was scheduled to appear Wednesday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

-- Chapel Hill police arrested a Raleigh man at 2:45 a.m. Wednesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired, one misdemeanor count of having an open container of an alcoholic beverage and one misdemeanor count of reckless driving, police reports state.

According to reports, William Cecil Bartlett, 24, an employee of Food Lion, was arrested at the intersection of West Franklin and Mallette streets on the reckless driving charge.

Reports state that Bartlett was then taken to Orange County Jail, where he blew a 0.18 percent on the Intoxilyzer 5000.

Bartlett was released to a sober adult on a written promise to appear April 19 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

-- A UNC junior was the victim of vandalism and willful damage to property at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Reports state that a suspect threw a rock through the back window of the victim’s 1996 BMW 281 at her residence on the 100 block of North Street.

Reports state that the damaged window was valued at $500.

-- Carrboro police arrested a local man at 8 p.m. Tuesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of larceny and one misdemeanor count of trespassing, police reports state.

According to reports, Willie Lee Simon, 43, a wood entrepreneur, was arrested at the Harris Teeter at 310 N. Greensboro St. after a store employee saw him take a 24-oz. Steel Reserve beer to the bathroom and consume it.

Reports state that the store manager wanted him trespassed from the store, but Simon refused.

Police also charged him with one misdemeanor count of larceny for possession of stolen goods, based on an outstanding warrant for a failure to appear in court.

Simon was issued a $1,000 secured bond and is scheduled to appear April 18 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.