Police log for April 27

• An 80-year-old Chapel Hill resident reported Monday that a window at his Crest Street home had been shot out, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, the man reported the broken window frame, valued at $150, about 12:03 p.m.

Police have not determined what type of firearm was used in the incident and still are investigating.

• An unknown person is wanted for disturbing the peace around 7 p.m. Monday off Whitaker Street, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, the person began fighting with another individual and pulled out a shotgun. The type of shotgun is unknown, but ammunition for a 12-gauge firearm was found.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

• A 66-year-old Chapel Hill woman was the victim of larceny and breaking and entering from her home off Hillview Drive on Monday night, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, someone broke the window pane in the victim’s front door to gain entry before 10:39 p.m. The perpetrator took about $200 in costume jewelry in the incident.

• An unattended purse belonging to an area woman was taken from the Fordham Boulevard Holiday Inn on Sunday morning, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, the purse was taken sometime before 2:12 a.m. from the hotel, at 1301 N. Fordham Blvd.

The contents of the purse were valued at more than $100, reports state.

• An employee of Carolina Cleaners was arrested Tuesday on one count each of driving while impaired and speeding, both misdemeanors, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, David Reid Perry, 33, of 904 Mineral Springs Road in Durham, was charged with both counts after officers caught him speeding around Fordham Boulevard.

His blood-alcohol content was measured at .08 percent, reports state.

He was released on a written promise to appear June 7 in Administrative Traffic Court in Chapel Hill.

• A breaking and entering and larceny from a vehicle were reported Monday morning at 103 Stephens St., Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, an unattended 2001 Chevy Tahoe was broken into without force.

A $200 iPod, $15 Dave Matthews Band CD, $15 Jack Johnson CD and $10 in coins were taken in the incident, reports state.

• A robbery was reported Tuesday morning at 143 W. Franklin St., Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, a 43-year-old man told police that someone tried to take his wallet and then assaulted him.

Police are investigating.