Community calendar

The Red Cross is hosting a blood drive from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today in the Great Hall of the Student Union. In addition, the group has a general interest meeting at 7 p.m. in room 3413 in the Student Union.

The Advocates for Children Committee of Healthy Carolinians is hosting a free Brown Bag Lunch seminar from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at the Whitted Human Services Center, in Hillsborough. The seminar is about the new Family Treatment Court.

A building dedication and reception for the Michael Hooker Research Center will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. today at the center.

Catholic Campus Ministry will host its annual Backyard Bash at 5:30 p.m. today at the Newman Center, at 218 Pittsboro Street.

Lutheran Campus Ministry will hold its Welcome Back Worship and Dinner at 5:30 p.m. today at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, located at 300 E. Rosemary St.

Week of Welcome event You Got Served will take place at 7 p.m. today in the Great Hall of the Student Union. There will also be a Late Night Breakfast from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. in Lenoir Dining Hall.

An outreach meeting for University community members affected by Hurricane Katrina will be held from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. today in the Union Auditorium. Representatives from the Counseling and Psychological Services, Campus Ministries and Campus Y will be available.

Monster Road, a documentary about Bruce Bickford, will be shown at 7:30 p.m. today at the Carrboro Century Center. The showing is free and part of an effort to launch a nonprofit movie theater in Carrboro.

The Orange County Board of Commissioners is holding a public hearing at 7:30 p.m. today at the F. Gordon Battle Courtroom in Hillsborough. This is the second hearing held by the commissioners to garner feedback on possible plans to elect commissioners by district.

N.C. Hillel will host a free screening of “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” at 8:30 p.m. today on the grass of Hillel, 210 West Cameron Avenue. Blankets and snacks will be provided. Visit www.nchillel.org for more information.

To make a calendar submission,

visit http://www.dailytarheel.com for a list of submission policies and contacts. Events must be sent in by 12 noon

the preceding publication date.