Community calendar

Students Helping to Achieve Positive Esteem, a new student advocacy group dedicated to promoting positive body image and eating disorders awareness, will hold an interest meeting at 5:30 p.m. today in the first floor conference room in the Student Recreation Center.

Bringing Back the Bayou, a benefit concert for Hurricane Katrina victims, will begin at 6 p.m. today at Cat's Cradle. Six bands/artists will perform, including Starting Tuesday and Policy. Tickets are $7. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross.

The Durham County Democratic Party will host a nonpartisan Meet the Candidates forum at 6:30 p.m. today in the auditorium of the N.C. Mutual Life Insurance Building, 411 W. Chapel Hill St. The forum is open to all Durham municipal candidates.

Ross Kraemer, professor of religious studies at Brown University, will deliver a free lecture titled "Jewish Women in Greco-Roman Antiquity: Representation and Reality" at 7:30 p.m. today in the Hanes Art Center Auditorium.

Student Congress will meet at 7:30 p.m. today in Peabody 08. It will discuss approving external appointments to executive positions.

Author David Rothbart will be in Chapel Hill to promote his new book, "The Lone Surfer of Montana, Kansas," at 8 p.m. today at the Nightlight. Rothbart will do a reading of his book and sign copies.

To make a calendar submission,

visit www.dailytarheel.com for a list of submission policies and contacts. Events must be sent in by noon the preceding publication date.