Community calendar

"Perspectives from Cuba: Individual and Collective Rights" will be presented by the UNC School of Law Clinical Programs at 4 p.m. today in the Rotunda/Van Hecke-Wettach Hall of the UNC School of Law building. Admission is free.

Lawrence Wallack, dean at the College of Urban and Public Affairs of Portland State University, will present "Talking Public Health: America's Second Language" at 4 p.m. today in the Michael Hooker Research Center. Admission is free.

The Department of Germanic Languages will hold its fall Undergraduate Reception at 4:45 p.m. today in the Toy Lounge of Dey Hall. All majors and minors in German are invited to stop by, chat and eat pastries.

Lawrence Blum will speak about his book, "I'm Not a Racist, But - ," at 5 p.m. today in the Hitchcock room of the Sonja Haynes Stone Center. The event will be hosted by the Parr Center for Ethics. For more information, visit parrcenter.unc.edu.

There will be a Hurricane Katrina benefit dinner at 5:30 p.m. today in Union 3206 hosted by the Asian Students and the Vietnamese Students associations. Asian food will be served. Suggested donations are $5.

Orange County and Chapel Hill-Carrboro City schools are holding a joint college fair from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. today in the Smith Center.

An interest meeting for Kabari, an African dance troupe, will be held at 7 p.m. today in the Carmichael Fishbowl.

Residents of the Morgan Creek-Kings Mill neighborhood will meet from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. today at the N.C. Botanical Gardens Totten Center to discuss becoming a neighborhood conservation district.

The executive branch of student government will hold a Tuition Feedback Forum from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. today in Murphey 116. Student Body President Seth Dearmin and Student Body Vice President Adrian Johnston will be available to answer tuition questions.

The Mu Zeta chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity Inc. will sponsor a "Networking for Success" workshop today in Union 3503.

The Rumi Festival of Chapel Hill will begin today and run through Oct 2. The four-day festival will celebrate the birthday of poet Jelaladin Rumi through cultural events, art displays and concerts. For more information, go to www.rumifest.com.

To make a calendar submission,

visit www.dailytarheel.com for a list of submission policies and contacts. Events must be sent in by noon the preceding publication date.