Police log

Assault by strangulation on a female was reported late Wednesday night, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Reports state that the subject allegedly placed his knees on the victim's chest, using his arms to try to strangle her.

Chapel Hill Police Department spokeswoman Jane Cousins said the subject left the scene, and the victim called police. Minor injuries were sustained, reports state.

A Durham man was arrested on a charge of driving while impaired and driving with a revoked driver's license, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Ronald Scott Rhoton, also known as Snipes, Donald Ray and Scottie, was arrested at about 2 a.m. Thursday at 500 Umstead Drive, reports state.

According to reports, Rhoton refused to take the Intoxilyzer test. He was released on a written promise to appear in district criminal court in Chapel Hill on Thursday.

A Carrboro man was arrested on misdemeanor charges of driving while impaired and not having an operator's license at about midnight Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Police reports state that Armando Aguilar Resendiz, of 1306 J6 Estes Drive Extension, was arrested at the corner of U.S. 15-501 and Estes.

According to reports, police saw Resendiz driving on the sidewalk. He did not yield for lights and sirens. He was swerving and ran a red light, according to police reports.

Resendiz registered a .24 on the Intoxilyzer test, reports state.

According to police reports, he was confined in the Orange County Jail on a $200 secured bond and was to appear in court Thursday.