Police log

Rico Lashawn Moses, 29, of 206 Carver St., was arrested at 10:58 p.m. Saturday on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Moses was arrested at a stairwell behind The Sandbar, 136 E. Rosemary St., after it was discovered by officers that he had a glass pipe, according to police reports. The suspect admitted to smoking crack-cocaine earlier that evening, reports state.

Moses was cited and released on written promise to appear in District Criminal Court on Nov. 21.

Rayfort Douglas Nickerson, 38, of 1041 Highway 54 West, was arrested at 10:50 a.m. Saturday on charges of impaired driving while holding a suspended license and speeding, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The suspect was stopped because he was speeding and changing lanes in heavy traffic, police reports state. Nickerson's blood alcohol content registered .18, according to reports.

Officers seized Nickerson's car, reports state. He is scheduled to appear in District Criminal Court on Oct. 26.

A UNC student was arrested early Saturday morning on charges of impaired driving and violation of a provisional license, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Lawrence Wesley Chavis III, 20, of 125 North St., was arrested at 3:05 a.m. after officers stopped him for swerving and jerking on the road, reports state. Chavis' blood alcohol level registered .08 on the Intoxilyzer 500, according to reports.

He is scheduled to appear in District Criminal Court on Oct. 25.