Police log

Rico Antino Thompson, a homeless man from Chapel Hill, was arrested at 9:50 p.m. Monday on charges of felonious possession of cocaine and resisting arrest, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Thompson was arrested at Kim's Hair Studio, at 601 W. Rosemary St., and police found .6 grams of "crack" cocaine on Thompson after they told him to halt and he fled, reports state.

Thompson was released on a $1,000 secured bail pending an appearance today in Hillsborough Superior Court, reports state.

Nikola Svetozar Ticic, of 1829 N. Lakeshore Drive, was arrested at 11:44 p.m. Sunday at 403 W. Rosemary St. on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Police found a knife in Ticic's boot when they investigated reports that he might have driven while intoxicated and was harassing pedestrians, reports state.

According to reports, Ticic was released on a written promise to appear Nov. 7 in the Hillsborough Court of First Appearance.

A Chapel Hill woman reported her green 2001 Kia Sophia stolen from PineGate Apartments at 3:27 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports valued the vehicle at $8,000.

A University sophomore reported his car vandalized at 5 p.m. Monday in the Granville Towers' parking lot, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

According to reports, the Jeep Wrangler, which was last known secure at 8 p.m. Sunday, sustained $400 in damages when someone damaged the driver's side window and the glove department.

A Gastonia resident was issued a trespassing warning Sunday, according to police reports.

Brett Crenshaw, 22, of 928 Robinson Rd. was seen following a female sophomore, a resident of Ruffin Residence Hall, to Emerson Drive, reports state. He was yelling obscenities and telling her he wanted to leave, according to reports.

An officer asked Crenshaw to leave the premises, but he later was seen drinking a beer on a bicycle near the residence hall, reports state. When approached by an officer, he threw the bottle into the bushes, according to reports.

Crenshaw received a trespassing warning because he was not a student, he had engaged in a disturbance in front of a residence hall and was consuming alcohol and littering, reports state.

Laura Gonzalez, 19; Callan Blough, 19; and Rober Yancy, 18, - all living in Ehringhaus Residence Hall - have lodged complaints with University police regarding an unauthorized solicitor selling magazine subscriptions, according to police reports.

The students stated that they gave cash for magazine subscriptions to a solicitor, Glenn Gibson, not knowing he was not authorized by the University, police reports state.