Police log

• Chapel Hill police used a taser gun on a suspect refusing to cooperate at the scene of a fight early Saturday, according to reports. Reports state police observed a fight in progress in near Avalon Nightclub on West Rosemary Street. According to reports, three people attacked a victim after someone in the suspect group shouted "prospect clique." Reports state the victim and attackers ended up in the street where they almost were struck by a car. The officers then exited their vehicle, and two suspects fled on foot, while one continued to strike the victim according to reports. Reports state that an officer chased Kendrick Antonio Baldwin, 21, and warned him that if he did not stop he would be tased. The officer then deployed the taser gun, but Baldwin continued to run toward Avalon until he tripped and fell, reports state. Twenty-year-old Keith Kareem Parks complied with orders to get on the ground, reports state. According to reports Parks and Baldwin were charged with causing an affray and released on a written promise to appear in court April 17.
  • A Raleigh man is being deported after police arrested him for carrying a concealed weapon and found a warrant relating to an immigration violation, Chapel Hill police reports state. According to reports police arrested 22-year-old Odair Jose Romero Trejo at 4:30 p.m. on U.S. 15-1501 for carrying a concealed weapon. Reports state that Romero had an axe or hatchet under the front seat of his car. After being charged, reports state that police transported Romero to Hillsborough to be picked up by immigration officials for deportation.
  • A Virginia man was arrested Friday after exposing himself to police, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that James Glen Ellis, 45, of Chesapeake, Va. was arrested at 1:33 p.m. at 1200 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and charged with indecent exposure and resisting arrest. Reports state that Ellis exposed himself to the officers while they were issuing him a citation. Ellis was released on a written promise to appear in court March 6, according to reports.
  • A student at Hillside High School in Durham was arrested Friday night for carrying a concealed weapon, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state 18-year-old Marquette Tarron Williams of 3 Isaac's Way in Durham was arrested at 8:13 p.m. at 313 E. Main St. in Carrboro. Reports state that Williams was remanded to the Orange County Jail with $500 secured bond.
  • Forty dollars was taken from a vehicle in the Dogwood Parking Deck Friday, according to police reports. The vehicle was unlocked at the time. Police are searching for a suspect who they will charge with vandalism, breaking and entering and larceny.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.