Police log

• A UNC graduate student was arrested at about 5 p.m. Tuesday on charges of assaulting a female, Chapel Hill police reports state. Thomas Tolleson, 37, 104 Caldwell St., was arrested after officers responded to a report of a disturbance at the home, reports state. He was released on a written promise to appear in District Criminal Court on March 13.
  • A UNC sophomore was arrested at 2:10 a.m. Wednesday on charges of driving while impaired, according to Chapel Hill police reports. John Taft, 21, 105 Old Franklin Grove Drive, was arrested at the intersection of East Franklin Street and South Estes Drive. He also was arrested on charges of speeding and violating a provisional license, reports state.
  • A 65-year-old man was arrested on charges of public urination Tuesday at 100 W. Franklin St., Chapel Hill police reports state. James Lawrence Perry was cited on charges of having an open container of alcohol while on a bench in front of Qdoba Mexican Grill. According to reports, police were called back to the scene five minutes later, at 5 p.m., because Perry was urinating on the sidewalk.
  • ?The UNC Grounds Department reported damage to the Ehringhaus Residence Hall bike rack at 2 p.m. Tuesday, University police reports state. The damage was valued at $100, according to reports.
  • Two UNC students reported their bicycles stolen Tuesday in unrelated incidents. A senior reported his bike stolen from the Spencer Residence Hall bike rack at 5:14 p.m. Tuesday, University police reports state. The bike is valued at $250, reports state. A junior reported his bicycle stolen from the McIver Residence Hall bike rack at 5:39 p.m. Tuesday, University police reports state. The bike is valued at $400, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.