Police Log

• An assault with a deadly weapon was reported at 4:18 a.m. Sunday at Players nightclub at 159 1/2 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The victim, a 20-year-old male, reported he had been stabbed during a fight, reports state. The incident still is being investigated.
  • Incidents of breaking and entering a residence by force, larceny and willful damage to property were reported Sunday at 204 Pritchard Ave., Apt. B, according to Chapel Hill police reports. According to reports, suspects broke into the residence and took the items. More than $8,000 worth of property was stolen including a laptop computer, clothes, an iPod and various other electronics, reports state.
  • The Buy & Go food mart at 106 Ephesus Church Road was the victim of larceny Friday according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state the suspect used a rock to smash glass from the door, enter the building and steal cigarettes and money. The report states the suspect took $1,484 worth of cigarettes, $7,500 worth of Cingular Wireless phone cards and $600 cash. Damage from the incident, including the stolen goods, totaled $9,588.14, the report states.
  • Two people were arrested Friday at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road for possession of marijuana, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that 26-year-old Shandi Reene Sutton of Sumter, S.C., was arrested at 4:30 p.m. for possession of marijuana. After being processed, Sutton was remanded to the Orange County Jail on $5,000 secured bond, according to reports. Reports state that a man was arrested for possession at the same location two hours later. According to police reports, 28-year-old Casem Charles Gascot of Decatur, Ga., was arrested at 6:30 p.m. and charged with possession of marijuana. Reports state that Gascot was remanded to the Orange County Jail on $5,000 secured bond. Both Gascot and Sutton are employees of Holly Hood Inc., reports state.
  • A noise complaint brought Chapel Hill police to the fourth floor of Grimes Residence Hall early Sunday, according to University reports. The residents were having a party when the complaint was lodged, reports state. There were 12 people found in room 413 having what they referred to as a "dance contest" and did not realize how loud they had become, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.