Police log

• A 41-year-old male was arrested on charges of assault with a knife, Chapel Hill police reports state. James Litaker, 41, of King was arrested at 11:41 p.m. at the Holiday Inn at 1301 N. Fordham Blvd., reports state. According to reports, Litaker cut the victim with a knife on the left side of his face after an argument. Litaker was taken to Orange County Jail and placed on a $2,500 secured bond, reports state. He is scheduled to appear in District Criminal Court on April 3.
  • A UNC Alumni Center employee was cited Monday on charges of drug paraphernalia possession, Chapel Hill police reports state. Sharron Paige, 41, of Durham was cited at 11:15 a.m. at 400 W. Franklin St., reports state. She is scheduled to appear in District Criminal Court on May 15, according to reports.
  • A 22-year-old UNC student was the victim of an attempted armed robbery early Tuesday at West Cameron Avenue, Chapel Hill police reports state. According to reports, at 3:40 a.m. the victim was approached by three males, who asked him for his wallet. Two of the suspects pulled out pocket knives, and the victim suffered severe lacerations, reports state.
  • A gas leak occurred 8:37 a.m. Tuesday at the Health and Safety Building construction site, according to University police reports. According to reports, the leak began when construction workers hit a gas line. The building and area were cleared, and the Chapel Hill Fire Department responded, police reports state.
  • University police responded to a UNC student drug overdose Monday night in Joyner Residence Hall, University police reports state. A resident adviser called in with concern for a student who had taken 16 over-the-counter sleeping pills, reports state. The student refused Emergency Medical Service notification, but was transported voluntarily to UNC Hospitals by the P2P shuttle, reports state.
  • A $400 leaf blower was reported stolen Monday morning at 125 E. Longview St., Chapel Hill police reports state. A suspect took the blower from the truck's rear, which reports state was last known secure at 11:30 a.m.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.